Significant Investor Stream – Subclass 188 (Provisional)
This Visa designed for people who would like to invest at least AUD5 million into complying investor in Australia want to
maintain business and Investment activity in Australia. It is a state or territory nominated provisional visa with no minimum English
requirement and is valid for 4 years
How This Visa Works?
Who Is Eligible For This Visa?
• Be nominated by a state or territory government before being invited to apply for this visa;
• Age must be under 55 or the nominating jurisdiction must provide their support to waive the age requirement;
• Meet the points test pass mark, set as 65;
• Have at least 3 years’ experience of direct involvement in managing a qualifying business or eligible investment and have an overall successful record.
• Your business and personal assets have a net value at least AUD2,250,000 for the 2 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply.
• Make a designated investment at least AUD1,500,000 in to a state or territory government bond for 4 years before visa grant
• For at least one of the 5 fiscal years immediately before the application is made:
– you have maintained direct involvement in either managing a qualifying business in which you (or you and your spouse or de facto partner together) had an ownership interest; or
– you have maintained direct involvement in managing your (or your and your spouse or de facto partner’s combined) eligible investments, the total value of which was at least AUD 1,500,000
• Have a realistic commitment to establish or participate in a qualifying business in Australia and maintain a substantial ownership and direct and continuous involvement in the management of that business.
• There is no business turnover requirement.
What This Visa Lets You Do?
• Travel in and out of Australia for the life of your visa
• Bring family members with you to Australia
• Apply for Permanent Residence – Business Innovation and Investment Visa-Subclass 888 (Permanent)