Significant Investor Visa – Subclass 188

immigration consultant
Expert Knowledge, Seamless Immigration Advice.

Contact Us

Book A

Call Us

    Significant Investor Stream Subclass 188 (Provisional)

    This Visa is designed for people who would like to invest at least AUD5 million into a complying Australian-managed investment funds for the duration of the provisional visa validity and reside in Australia for an average of 40 days a year for primary visa holders. The visa applicant has the intention to hold the investment of the whole of the visa period of 5 years.


    • Be nominated by a State or Territory government or Austrade before being invited to apply for this visa;
    • You must make a complying significant investment of at least AUD5 million, and have a genuine intention to hold that investment for the life of your provisional visa. It must be invested in the following proportions:
      • at least AUD1 million in venture capital and growth private equity funds which invest in start-ups and small private companies
      • at least AUD1.5 million in approved managed funds. The managed funds must invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange
      • a ‘balancing investment’ of at least AUD2.5 million in managed funds
    • The managed funds can invest in a range of assets, including companies listed on the Australian stock exchange, Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities and commercial real estate.
    • Direct investment in residential real estate is prohibited. Indirect investment in residential property through managed funds is strictly limited.
    • There are no upper age limits;
    • There is no need to satisfy the points test;
    • You need to show you have AUD 5million, lawfully acquired and unencumbered, for which you can use towards your Complying Significant Investment;
    • You must invest at least AUD 5 million into complying investments in Australia before visa grant;
    • Significant Investments can be made only by you or you together with your spouse or de-facto partner;
    • You need to be able to prove the source of funds is lawfully acquired.

    What Does This Visa Let You Do?

    • As it is a full re-entry visa you can travel in and out of Australia for the life of your visa;
    • Include your dependent family members in your application so they can get the same visa as you;
    • Apply for Permanent Residence – Business Innovation and Investment Visa-Subclass 888 (Permanent) after 5 years
    • To apply for PR, you need to have been resident in Australia for the cumulative total of 40 days per year from the grant of the visa. OR
    • If your spouse wishes to apply as the main applicant for the PR visa, the applicant needs to have been resident for the cumulative total of 180 days per year from the grant of the 188 visas

    Business Visas are complex. Please contact our team of registered migration experts for immediate advice and assistance.

    Client Story


    Nicholas was an engineering professional in Singapore. He applied for the Skilled Migration visa and his permanent resident visa was granted on June 2012.

    I was introduced to AustraliaMigrate by my sister. Prior to my application, two of my family members was engaged with AustraliaMigrate in visa applications.

    What motivated me the most to carry out the visa application was my 4 siblings who are currently residing in Sydney. Initially, I tried to conduct my visa application through some company online but I deemed them to be unsuccessful due to weak and frustrating support they provide.

    Why AustraliaMigrate?

    “AustraliaMigrate Pty Ltd has been helping people around the world successfully apply for Australian visas for over 20 years.
    Our professional specialists are highly experienced in the migration environment.”

    We guide individuals and businesses through the complex migration process to Australia. With long years of industry experience, our immigration specialists have built a reputation of providing accessible, accurate and genuine advice to our esteemed clients.

    Our specialists assist in preparing and reviewing your documents and forms before submitting for successful approval. We strive to make the whole immigration process hassle-free for you.

    We have a very high success rate of visa approval and a solid reputation resulting in a large amount of repeat business. We provide immigration services to individuals, families and companies, whether they are small or public companies and in any industry.

    Immigration is the only thing we do so we are highly specialized in it.

    What our clients have to say about us


    Thank you Ian. Fabulous news. Thanks to you and your team’s effort and work. Great service.


    Thank you SO so much for all of your patience and work on this. Still hasn’t sunk in yet that I’m actually free! Once again, massive thanks to both you and Mariola!!


    Thanks so much for this excellent news. I’m impressed how fast and smooth it all went, which is a result of excellence in services. Thanks so much for all the attention.

    M. MOBIN

    Thank you Ian ,I highly appreciate your kind efforts. Its a big day for me and my family and you make it possible. May you live long with health, wealth and peace.

    Latest News

    Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List 2021 Update

    2021 has been an unpredictable year for everyone due to the impact of COVID-19, including migration changes, lockdowns and travel bans from the Australian government. However, times are changing and …

    Read More

    International Students To Return To Australia In 2021

    The Australian government is committed to the return of international students to Australia as soon as it is safe to do so. Many Australian states and territories are working directly …

    Read More

    What Does Internationally Recognised Achievement Mean For Global Talent Visa?

    The former Distinguished Talent visa became known as the Global Talent visa, which offers a streamlined visa pathway for highly skilled professionals, or for those who have achieved prominence in …

    Read More

    Can The 408 Visa Help You During COVID-19?

    What You Need to Know About the 408 Temporary Activity Visas The Subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa has been a lifesaving visa for thousands of people in Australia whose fate …

    Read More