Investor Stream – Subclass 188 (Provisional)
This Visa is designed for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian State or Territory Bond and are prepared to maintain business or investment activity in Australia.
Who Is Eligible for This Visa
- Minimum Eligible investment and Qualifying Investment requirements have to be met;
- For at least one of the 5 fiscal years immediately before the application is made one of the following applies;
- you have maintained direct involvement in either managing a qualifying business in which you (or you and your spouse or de facto partner together) had an ownership interest; OR
- you have maintained direct involvement in managing your (or your and your spouse or de facto partner’s combined) eligible investments, the total value of which was at least AUD 1,500,000
- You have at least 3 cumulative years of experience of direct involvement in managing a qualifying business and/or eligible investment and have an overall successful record.
- Eligible investments are defined as ownership interest in a business, loan advanced to a business, cash on deposit, stocks or bonds, real estate (cannot include own residential family home), gold or silver bullion.
- You need to be nominated by a state or territory government before being invited to apply for this visa;
- You must be under 55 unless the nominating State or Territory has provided their support to waive the age requirement due to your proposed investment activity is of exceptional economic benefit;
- Meet the points test pass mark, set as 65;
- For at least 2 fiscal years you, your partner, or you and your partner together, have held a net value of at least $2,25M in net business and personal assets immediately before time of invitation to apply;
- Make a designated investment at least AUD1,500,000 into an Australian State or Territory Government bond and hold it for 4 years in order to be eligible to apply for a Permanent Visa (subclass 888);
- Satisfy the Department of Home Affairs that once you have made the designated investment you have a realistic commitment to undertake investment activities OR establish or participate in a qualifying business in Australia and maintain a substantial ownership and direct and continuous involvement in the management of that business. There is no business turnover requirement;
What this visa lets you do
- The visa will be granted for 4 years and 3 months. As it is a full re-entry visa you can travel in and out of Australia for the life of your visa;
- Include your dependent family members in your application so they can get the same visa as you;
- Apply for Permanent Residence – Business Innovation and Investment Visa-Subclass 888 (Permanent)
- You will need to live in Australia for the period of 2 out of 4 years immediately before the date of application. It does not need to have been for a continuous stay and combining short period of stay may be added together to satisfy this requirement.
- You can apply for an extension for 1 year 9 months after 3 years of holding the visa;
Business Visas are complex. Please contact our team of registered migration experts for immediate advice and assistance.