Investor Stream – Subclass 188 (Provisional)
This Visa is designed for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian state or territory bond and maintain business and investment activity in Australia.
Who Is Eligible For This Visa?
- Be nominated by a state or territory government before being invited to apply for this visa;
- Age must be under 55 or the nominating jurisdiction must provide their support to waive the age requirement;
- Meet the points test pass mark, set as 65;
- Have at least 3 years’ experience of direct involvement in managing a qualifying business or eligible investment and have an overall successful record.
- Make a designated investment at least AUD1,500,000 in to a state or territory government bond and hold it for 4 years in order to be eligible for permanent visa (subclass 888).
- For at least one of the 5 fiscal years immediately before the application is made: – you have maintained direct involvement in either managing a qualifying business in which you (or you and your spouse or de facto partner together) had an ownership interest; or
– you have maintained direct involvement in managing your (or your and your spouse or de facto partner’s combined) eligible investments, the total value of which was at least AUD 1,500,000
- Have a realistic commitment to establish or participate in a qualifying business in Australia and maintain a substantial ownership and direct and continuous involvement in the management of that business.
- There is no business turnover requirement.
- You, your partner, or you and your partner together, have busiess and personal assets with a net value of at least AUD2,25 million for the 2 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply.
What This Visa Lets You Do
- Travel in and out of Australia for the life of your visa
- Bring family members with you to Australia
- Apply for Permanent Residence – Business Innovation and Investment Visa-Subclass 888 (Permanent)