SKILLED REGIONAL PERMANENT VISA SUBCLASS 887
The Skilled Regional visa – 887 is the second stage visa giving permanent residence to holders of Skilled Regional
Provisional visas such as 489:
It does not require sponsorship by an Australian relative or nomination by a state or territory government.
HOW THIS VISA WORKS?
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS VISA?
Residence In a Regional Area
You have been in Australia holding a provisional skilled visa for the last 2 years. During this time, you must have lived in a regional area of Australia (if sponsored by a State or Territory Government) or a Designated Area if sponsored by an Australian relative.
You have worked for at least 12 months in Australia – this experience need not be in a skilled occupation, but must be full time (at least 35 hours per week) and must be in a regional area.
WHAT THIS VISA LETS YOU DO?
You can include the following types of family members in your application:
• Spouses, defacto partners and same-sex partners
• Dependent children
• Other dependent family members – e.g. parents who live with you and are financially dependent
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:
• stay in Australia indefinitely
• work and study in Australia
• enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
• sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
• travel to and from Australia for five years
• apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
What type of visa are you looking for?
Email us directly