SKILLED REGIONAL PERMANENT VISA SUBCLASS 887
The Skilled Regional visa – 887 is the second stage visa giving permanent residence to holders of Skilled Regional Provisional visas such as 489: It does not require sponsorship by an Australian relative or nomination by a state or territory government.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS VISA?
Residence In a Regional Area
You and your dependents have been in Australia holding a skilled regional (provisional) visa (489) for the last 2 years. During this time, you and your dependents must have lived, worked or studied in a regional area of Australia (if sponsored by a State or Territory Government) or a Designated Area if sponsored by an Australian relative.
You have worked for at least 12 months in Australia – this experience need not be in a skilled occupation, but must be full time (at least 35 hours per week) and must be in a regional area or esignated area.
WHAT THIS VISA LETS YOU DO?
You can include the following family members in your application:
• Spouse, defacto partner (including the same-sex partner)
• Dependent children up to 23yo unless they are financially dependent on you as hey are not able to work due to their physical or mental condition.
This is a permanent visa. It lets you:
• stay in Australia indefinitely
• work and study in Australia
• enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
• sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
• travel to and from Australia for five years • apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.