Training Visa Subclass 407
The 407 visa aims to promote international goodwill by allowing Australian organisations to sponsor persons
to travel to Australia to participate in occupational training activities, including classroom-based professional
How This Visa Works?
The visa application can be made either in or outside of Australia.
There are three types of occupational trainingcovered by this visa:
1. Workplace-based training required for registration
This type of occupational training is for people who are required to undertake workplace-based training to obtain registration, membership or licensing – in Australia or their home country – to work in their occupation.
2. Structured workplace-based training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation
This type of occupational training is for people with recent and suitable experience in the nominated occupation, who are seeking to undertake a structured workplace-based training program in relation to an occupation specified in the list of eligible skilled occupations.
3. Training that promotes capacity building overseas
This type of occupational training includes the following categories:
• Overseas qualification: enables students currently enrolled in a foreign educational institution – and who are required to complete a period of practical training, research or observation to obtain their qualification – the opportunity to undertake up to six months of structured workplace-based training in Australia
• Government support: allows structured workplace-based occupational training,providing it has the support of a government agency (in Australia or the home country of the nominated trainee)
• Professional development: enables overseas employers to send their managerial or professional employees to Australia to undertake a tailored professional development program of face-to-face teaching in a classroom (or similar environment).
Who Is Eligible For This Visa?
The application process comprises three stages: sponsorship, nomination and visa application.
The requirement is that the applicant genuinely intends to stay in Australia for the for the purpose of undertaking the occupational training specified in the application.
The applicant needs to have:
• Functional English
• Adequate means to support themselves or access to adequate means to support themselves for the duration of their stay in Australia
• Adequate health insurance.
A Training visa can be granted for up to two years. There is no limit how many subclass 407 visas can be granted, provided that:
• The nominator and the applicant continue to meet the criteria for approval
• There is a continuing need for occupational training.
What This Visa Lets You Do?
The holder of a 407 visa must not engage in work in Australia other than in relation to their course of study or training.
What type of visa are you looking for?
Email us directly