Temporary Activity Visa Subclass 408
How this visa works
This visa is for people who are required to be in Australia for a short-term temporary basis.
They need to:
- have the skills to undertake the activity to be carried out in Australia
- be supported or sponsored
- meet additional requirements of the relevant stream
Who Is Eligible For This Visa?
This visa is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:
- Attend a conference as an invited participant
- Work in the entertainment industry
- Participate in a non-ongoing cultural or social activity at the invitation of an Australian organisation
- Observe or participate as an academic in a research project
- Undertake fulltime religious work
- Participate in a special program to enhance international relations and cultural exchange
- Participate in sports at a high level (including training)
- Work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement
- Participate in an Australian Government-endorsed event
- Work as a superyacht crew member
- Undertake fulltime domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives.
One of the most commonly used 408 visas is for people coming to Australia for entertainment purposes. Part of tis visa requires liaison with a relevant trade union.
Business sponsorship visas are complex. Contact our team of experienced and registered migration experts to help you.