On 27 February 2021, the former Distinguished Talent visa became known as the Global Talent visa, which offers a streamlined visa pathway for highly skilled professionals, or for those who have achieved prominence in the arts, sport or research and academia. It has been designed to attract the best and brightest global talent who are interested in working and living permanently in Australia (migrating to Australia).
The Global Talent Visa is a Permanent Visa that allows you to:
|Experienced Migration Agents||Work With Your Nominator||Explore All Opportunities||Manage The Visa Application Process|
|Our registered migration agents can help you prepare and lodge your 858 visa expression of interest.||We will work closely with your nominator to ensure that you have all the required supporting evidence.||Our experienced migration agents can explore and uncover all hidden opportunities to demonstrate that you meet the Global Talent Independent Program requirements.||We can manage the entire visa application process on your behalf to ensure that it is smooth and stress-free.|
There are 2 pathways under the Global Talent Subclass 858 Visa: Global Talent Independent Program (GTIP) and Distinguished Talent Visa Pathway.
The Global Talent Independent Program (GTIP) is a permanent visa for people who have a national or internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in a targeted eligible field. The program targets individuals who are distinguished in their field and who are likely to be able to earn at least $153,600 AUD in Australia. The objective of the GTIP is to grow Australia’s innovation and tech economies, and is to attract top talent in certain critical sectors.
In 2020-2021, 15,000 places were made available under the program, which is triple to what it was in the previous financial year. This recognises the importance of the contribution to Australia by those who already hold this visa or potentially will make, by those who are eligible to apply under the Global Talent visa.
Applicants can apply for the Global Talent Independent Program (GTIP) if they are within the following fields:
2. Agri-food and Ag-Tech
4. Health industries
5. Defence, advanced manufacturing and space
6. Circular economy
8. Infrastructure and tourism
9. Financial services and FinTech
To be eligible under the Global Talent Independent Visa Program you need to meet the following conditions:
The benefits of the Global Talent Independent Program (GTIP) includes:
– Priority processing means these Global Talent visas are given the highest priority of all Australian migration programs. The process is streamlined and extremely efficient with visas being granted in as little as 1 month from lodgement.
– This visa is an independent applicant and does not require an applicant to be sponsored by an employer and is not points tested.
– The visa is granted without any employment limitations or conditions.
– Being a permanent resident provides a pathway to Australian citizenship.
The Distinguished Talent Visa Pathway is an Australian permanent visa for those who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in one of the following areas: a profession, sport, arts or academia and research.
Applicants can apply for the Distinguished Talent Visa if they meet the following conditions:
– Benefit the Australian community (economically, socially, culturally or by raising Australia’s academic, artistic or sports standing internationally).
– Demonstrate the ability to establish themselves in Australia by having no difficulty in finding the relevant employment or being independently established.
– Be internationally recognised with a record of achievement in a profession, a sport, the arts or academia and research.
– Applicants must be acclaimed as exceptional in any country where their field is practiced with a sustained record of achievement.
– Be nominated by:
– Australian citizen
– Australian permanent resident
– Eligible New Zealand citizen
– Australian organisation with a national reputation in your area of talent
– Visa applications by Hong Kong passport holders are prioritised (recently announced by the Department of Home Affairs)
The GTIP has a 2-step application process:
1. Whether overseas or in Australia, individuals eligible for the Global Talent Independent Program (GTIP) can lodge their Expression of Interest (EOI) with the Department of Home Affairs to be invited to apply for this visa. Only applicants with a national or international recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in one of the following identified priority sectors below may be eligible:
– Agri-food and Ag-Tech
– Health industries
– Defence, advanced manufacturing and space
– Circular economy
– Infrastructure and tourism
– Financial services and FinTech
2. Once invited to apply under EOI, a visa application is then lodged under the Global Talent Independent Pathway (GTIP).
At AustraliaMigrate, we can help lodge your Distinguished Talent Visa Pathway by:
It is important to avoid the following when applying for the 858 Visa:
– A benefit of applying for the visa subclass 858 is the priority processing as these visas are given the highest priority of all other Australian migration programs. Some applicants can expect to get their visas granted in 1 month from lodgement.
The Global Talent Independent visa subclass 858 does not require an applicant to be sponsored by an employer and does not require a points test.
Applicants will need to be able to earn above the Fair Work High Income Threshold (FWHIT) (currently AU$153,600 per annum) in Australia which can be demonstrated with evidence of current earnings, future job offers or recent PhD graduates in the target sectors.
Upon submitting your application, you will see a message acknowledging the submission. This is so far the only way that the Department is using to confirm submissions are done and no e-mails will be sent to the applicant at this stage unless for information or documents’ request or to provide you with the unique identified for your application.
Processing times vary and the visa subclass 858 is becoming extremely popular due to its streamlined process and increase in quota for this financial year. Complete and strong applications will be processed quicker, so consult your migration agent before you submit the EOI.
You will be notified by the Department of the outcome of your application, whether accepted or not.
A person who is prominent in your field or the peak industry body in your field.
Yes, you can. Applicants can apply onshore as long as they hold either substantive visa or Bridging Visa A, B or C.
Global Talent visas could be complex. Please contact our team of experienced registered migration experts for immediate advice and assistance.
Sandeep Sharma applied for his Permanent Residence visa under subclass 186 Employer Nominated Sponsorship, after two years of being sponsored under a 457 Employer Sponsorship visa. His Permanent Visa was granted on August 2014.
I have been in Sydney, Australia for the last 6 years. I was referred to AustraliaMigrate by a friend of mine.
In the beginning, I was sponsored by my company under a 457 visa. As I would like to stay on in Australia, I applied for the visa Permanent Residence Visa (186).
The visa application process was complex and very challenging. AustraliaMigrate helped me to prepare and lodge my application in a limited time. My application was approved just within one week and my 457 long stay business visa was granted.
We guide individuals and businesses through the complex migration process to Australia. With long years of industry experience, our immigration specialists have built a reputation of providing accessible, accurate and genuine advice to our esteemed clients.
Our specialists assist in preparing and reviewing your documents and forms before submitting for successful approval. We strive to make the whole immigration process hassle-free for you.
We have a very high success rate of visa approval and a solid reputation resulting in a large amount of repeat business. We provide immigration services to individuals, families and companies, whether they are small or public companies and in any industry.
Immigration is the only thing we do so we are highly specialized in it.
Thank you Ian. Fabulous news. Thanks to you and your team’s effort and work. Great service.
Thank you SO so much for all of your patience and work on this. Still hasn’t sunk in yet that I’m actually free! Once again, massive thanks to both you and Mariola!!
Thanks so much for this excellent news. I’m impressed how fast and smooth it all went, which is a result of excellence in services. Thanks so much for all the attention.
Thank you Ian ,I highly appreciate your kind efforts. Its a big day for me and my family and you make it possible. May you live long with health, wealth and peace.
2021 has been an unpredictable year for everyone due to the impact of COVID-19, including migration changes, lockdowns and travel bans from the Australian government. However, times are changing and …Read More
The Australian government is committed to the return of international students to Australia as soon as it is safe to do so. Many Australian states and territories are working directly …Read More
The former Distinguished Talent visa became known as the Global Talent visa, which offers a streamlined visa pathway for highly skilled professionals, or for those who have achieved prominence in …Read More