Services. What we offer.

Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa is for people aged 18 to 30 years of age and are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months while touring Australia.

The Working Holiday visa entitles the holder to:
  • enter Australia within 12 months of the grant of the visa and to stay for up to 12 months
  • to leave and re-enter Australia multiple times as long as the visa is valid
  • to work in Australia for up to six months with each employer; and
  • to study for up to four months.

In certain circumstances a second Working Holiday visa may be granted. Holders of a second Working Holiday visa may return to work for a further six months for an employer with whom they worked on their first Working Holiday visa. In exceptional circumstances requests to extend employment period beyond six months may also be granted if the situation warrants it.

In general a Working Holiday visa cannot be extended beyond the 12 month validity period. However, if one has completed three months of specified work in regional Australia on the first Working Holiday visa he or she may be eligible to apply for a second Working Holiday visa.

Specified work is any type of work undertaken in regional Australia doing any of the following activities for up to six months:

plant and animal cultivation

  • cultivating or propagating plants, fungi or their products or parts
  • general maintenance crop work
  • harvesting and/or packing fruit and vegetable crops
  • immediate processing of animal products including shearing, butchery in an abattoir, packing and tanning
  • immediate processing of plant products
  • maintaining animals for the purpose of selling them or their bodily produce, including natural increase
  • manufacturing dairy produce from raw material
  • pruning and trimming vines and trees.

fishing and pearling

  • conducting operations relating directly to taking or catching fish and other aquatic species
  • conducting operations relating directly to taking or culturing pearls or pearl shell.

tree farming and felling

  • felling trees in a plantation or forest
  • planting or tending trees in a plantation or forest that are intended to be felled
  • transporting trees or parts of trees that were felled in a plantation or forest to the place where they are first to be milled or processed or from which they are to be transported to the place where they are to be milled or processed.


  • coal mining
  • oil and gas extraction
  • metal ore mining
  • non-metallic mineral mining and quarrying
  • exploration and other mining support services not including secondary activities such as book-keeping, catering and transport.


  • building construction
  • heavy and civil engineering construction
  • construction services including metal wall cladding fixing to buildings, petrol bowser installation, sand blasting or steam cleaning of building exteriors, scaffolding construction, waterproofing of building.

Specified work does not need to be paid work or undertaken by the as a direct employee. For further information on eligible specified work and regional Australia post codes, please contact AustraliaMigrate.

Anyone wishing to apply for a Working Holiday visa must meet the following minimum requirements:

  • You must meet health and character requirements;
  • You must have sufficient funds to meet all your expenses;
  • You must have health insurance;
  • You must declare that you will respect the Australian values and obey the laws of Australia.
We are located here:
Suite 308, 3rd Floor,
282 Victoria Avenue,
Chatswood NSW 2067
MIA Registered